smoke beneath the playground lights
Work has been kicking my butt lately. Sorry for the horrible wait. :3 <3
[html]

In the silence of the night, Silas nodded in response to Cassius’ words. He knew exactly what the Aedile had meant about the same old, same old. Though some relationships and situations varied with the day, Silas’ responsibilities within the pack were hardly shifting. The border was always there to be patrolled, the mansion always in need of some cleaning, and an ear always searching for word on the other packs. Silas did these things without so much as a question, knowing it was part of his duties as a member of the clan. If he ever hoped to advance past his Praeses rank, these were the types of things he’d have to continue to do.

"Ahh, yes. I must go to Halifax again soon. I haven’t seen mine family in some time. Maybe a trip to Halifax and Cours des Miracle vould be good," though his words were directed at Cassius, Silas knew he was mostly thinking out loud. He needed to see Rurik, Liliya, and Anatoliy again, for it had been a long time since he had seen the other Russos. Silas had to admit that he got severely homesick at times, missing the community life at the Russo complex of Sobirat'sya in Arkangel'sk. A hand idly brushed over the scars tracing his muzzle, and a sinking feeling found the pit of Silas’ stomach. He had done many stupid things in his life to be where he was now, but he never wanted to sacrifice his family for any of it. Perhaps he was starting to feel guilty for having been away for so long.

Titling his head back against the back of the chair, a small sigh escaped past the youth’s parted teeth. He could feel the beckoning of sleep pulling at him, but he wasn’t sure if his mind would finally let him succumb to it. He had gone without sleep for so long now that he had started to feel useless, his mind wandering off at the strangest times. "Do you know of anyzhing to help you sleep? I’ve been having trouble lately." The other male seemed more knowledgeable about these kinds of things, or at least that was the impression Silas got. Cassius just seemed like a smart guy. Perhaps he knew of some herb or something Silas could take to finally put his mind to rest.

table by kahilli
<style>
.silas-kahilli p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-kahilli b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.silas-kahilli {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#265B6C; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#97C3D1; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FB4BF; background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... lastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:265px; text-align:justify; }
.silas-kahilli-credit {width:400px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread