as long as there is whiskey in the world.
[html]

Word Count :: 359

“I did not know her well,” the ash-hued man confessed, his voice dropping low to match Mars' near-whisper. This was absolutely truthful—as he had no idea which of his many flings had given birth to the young man before him, he certainly did not know her well enough. He had not been in California very long, but even so, he would have to think rather hard on it to figure it out. His memory had never been particularly sharp, and there were many, many girls in the silver-shaded man's life, not all of which had made a terribly large impression on him.

“Vell... some men,” Rurik said, laughing nervously once more in an attempt to ease the tension. “Mine grandfather—your great grandfather—Vasil, I never hear him curse, never see heem smoke, and he only dreenk red vine,” the Russian wolf explained, a soft smile on his face. He did not wish to ostracize Mars; however his son was, Rurik would accept him. They had spent too long apart, and Rurik had to make things right between them. “All kinds of man,” he finished, nodding his head to affirm the statement doubly. “Anyt'eeng I can do, you tell me,” the man said, drawing lightly on his cigarette. He held the smoke just a moment before releasing it to the air.

“I saw only once—beautiful, but so very hot,” the werewolf said, smiling again. Of course, he was from the very top of the world; anywhere outside of the Arctic Circle was cold to him. “Ah. You must have had your reasons,” the man said, too curious to know what rift had formed between his son and his mother, but not wishing to pressure the young man. The name didn't even ring a bell—he would have to think hard to determine the identity of the woman. “Yes, of course. Vhatever you vould like,” the man said, smiling at the other canine's fast-swapping accents. He wanted Mars to feel a part of the family, and if taking on a Russian accent helped him do so, Rurik certainly wouldn't object—after all, the motherland was in Mars' blood.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }