Meeting the pack
Although her ears were alert and attentive, Audaria was no longer concentrating on the sounds around her. She was caught up in daydreams and hopes for the future. Every once in a while she heard a slight rustle of grass being pushed aside and the subtle vibration on the ground. She ignored these senses and didn't appoint them to belonging to a creature. The sounds were persistent though, and seemed to be more annoying than just her mind playing tricks on her. They grew louder by a few decibels and the beat was evenly spaced. She heard the sound, counted a couple of seconds and heard the other beat on the ground. Frustrated that these mental noises were interrupting her thoughts, she squeezed her eyes even tighter in hopes that this would somehow block out the sounds. Suddenly, as if instinct took over, her eyes darted open and her head swivelled to the disturbance only to be knocked in the head by something hard and rolled over a couple of times.

Times slows in bizarre events where it is possible to describe each millisecond and feel each part of one's body. Audaria's eyes shut on impact but she could feel her body roll over once. The knock to her head scattered her thoughts and birthed a throb to her brain. Each time her heart beat she felt a slight bruise of pain in her head. The pain was bearable, and in no means severe, but painful in the least. She opened her eyes slowly in attempts to see what hit her. Her vision was doubled for a couple of dizzying seconds but soon enough she focused on a lump of fur that seemed entangled with her body. It moved away quickly and then spoke to her. She squinted her eyes and slowly strung his words into meaning.

She opened her mouth and began to respond, "Yes, I, I think I'm okay, I, whoa.." She tried sanding up as she spoke but the rush of bloody to her brain made her dizzy and the thumping in her head grew stronger. She fell back into a half sitting, half laying down position and decided to stay where she was.

Messages In This Thread