they will bite the hand.
[html]

Eris was hardly one to care that she had insulted someone, but she honestly had not intended to project her own shortcomings onto this loner. This was perhaps the closest thing she had to friendship and an actual conversation since she had first met Snake—she did not want to ruin her chances at friendship if they were still present here. “No. If you were,” she said. “I guess my family thinks I'm good-for-nothing, so sorry if I put that on you,” the shadowy hybrid said. Though the apology sounded insincere, certainly not heartfelt and deep, the mere existence of it was a step forward for the shaded canine—she very, very rarely apologized.

At Yuki's next words, the coyote woman grew uncomfortable. She did not know how to make friends—she had everything she needed in Eterne. Her uncles and her aunt had been her friends; if she had desired company, she could have simply requested it, and regardless of whether or not the company in question actually liked her or hated her guts, for her power and presence they were required to befriend her. Eris had long realized this was not true friendship, but it did nothing to change the fact that she simply did not know how to make friends. As much as she projected spiteful and hateful, there was indeed a deep, hidden core within her, one crafted of pure loneliness and utter isolation from the entire rest of the world. She protected this part of herself viciously, refusing to reveal her very real weaknesses to anyone.

“Friends can be hard to come by,” the Infernian said softly, the closest she would come to admitting her own shoftcomings.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }