Let the morning renew your soul
[html]
700+

The loner spoke truthfully and there was nothing else for the cinnamon hued yearling to do but to agree, nodding. There was a reason to speak about the weather. He had always adored the blushing sunrise as well as the ripening dusk. Both offered an explosion of colours that could only be described as beautiful. And between dusk and dawn there was the great velvet blanked draped in glittering stars. It was not rare for Conor to sit outside and gaze at the horizon. He had been born from sin and raised with cruelty. It was important never to forget what was good in the world. Every day he reminded himself of what was good in this world, and Dahlia de Mai was a good place to live. The pack’s tranquillity had not existed for long, but it did not make this less real. Dahlia’s wounds were still healing, and the young alpha believed the pack would continue to flourish.

The lavender eyed man listened to the man’s gratitude, but was in danger of misunderstanding the man’s words towards the end. It was true that he, together with the current wahrer, had saved Saluce’s life. However, that life did not have to be tied to those who had saved it. Conor did not require any sort of payment for doing the right thing. Saluce owed Dahia nothing. The Dahlian’s quiet glance moved from the approaching light of day to the silver hued man by his side, watched the other’s eyes travelling over the flourishing fields. He remained quiet, and Saluce’s voice pushed away the silence once more. A caramel coated ear perked as the topic smoothly changed and brought forth questions. The corners of the Dahlian’s lips lifted slightly and he turned his lilac gaze back to the brightening sky once again.

”Neither did I, friend,” he said quietly, thoughtful. He knew that he had grown more comfortable with the burden resting on his shoulders. Truth remained the same though; he was too young to be carrying the crown. Circumstances had not been ideal when Haku was pushed off his high horse, and Conor still believed that he had been right to take the title from his father and take that place on the top of the hierarchy. To be true it had been a consequence that Conor had not fully realized before Dahlia stood there without an Alpha. There had been no one else to take that position. That was why. Now the pack was climbing with numbers again and Conor remained the alpha male. Was that wrong? He knew that the member opinions had been conflicted at first, but from what he saw, people seemed genuinely content.

”I took the title at a time when no one else could. My father was the alpha before me, but madness ran black through his veins. He brought Dahlia war and death.” the second Dahlian war was a tender subject, the yearling found. ”Age doesn’t necessarily bring wisdom to a man's soul.” Conor shrugged then, not certain what conclusion he sought. This was not self defence. He knew he was horribly young for this role.

What the male beside him was looking for was reassurance. Unfortunately, that was not something Conor could offer. He sincerely liked the thought of having Saluce as a permanent part of Dahlia. It was wonderful to see how the territory’s vivid beauty affected others as well. A soft sigh escaped slightly parted lips and the young male half closed his eyes. There was no smile on his maw now. ”I can’t provide you with an answer to that,” he said simply. ”As a leader, it is up to the pack’s members to determine my worth and capability.” Was that a right way to put it? Carrying the crown did not grant powers. The support of Dahlias members did. He would be their leader for as long as they wished him to be. He was a mere instrument. Dahlia’s wellbeing was with him always, and while he was young and vividly aware of this, he knew with certainty that his intentions were pure of heart. ”However, I can assure you that what I do, I do for Dahlia and its members.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread