Bookworm
[html]
This is crappy, not nearly as good as the reply my computer ate. x.x I sorry.

Bris was aware of the male's pressence shortly before he spoke. It was true that the house so many Dahlians shared with their leader offered a feeling of warmth and safety to all who lived within, and there was rarely a time when the Stormbringer felt anything but relaxed inside its walls, but there was a difference between relaxed and foolish. It was rare for the woman to be caught completely unawares, and if it hadn't been for the male's familiar scent, her attitude toward him would have been quite different. Though they lived in the same house, and had for weeks, Bris had never actually met the injured wolf that Conor had offered a place to stay. His scent and his voice had become familiar staples of the bottom floor of the victorian house in the past few weeks however, and Bris smiled as she turned to answer his question.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Saluce. My name is Bris Stormbringer, and I know you've met my niece and nephews down the hall. They're pretty fond of you." The smile didn't leave her lips as she turned her mismatched eyes back to the books, her hand still resting on the dusty spine of the book she'd been pondering when Saluce had walked in. "I'm up for reading anything, really. My favorites so far have to be mysteries, and some of the fantasy ones. Humans had such imagination, and I'm fascinated with trying to find out what a lot of the technology aspects of the stories are. I was so confused when I picked up my first mystery and they were talking of things like cars and television and radio. It gave me a hunger to know more about them, and in researching these things I came to understand a lot more about the world they left behind and what certain things were, what their purposes were. It's fascinating, really." Her eyes hadn't left the bookshelf as she'd spoken, but they twinkled with the energy that laced her words. Bris wanted to know more.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.bris p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bris b {color:#d5b06a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris-border {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread