Sandy tracks
[html]

WC: 1,041. Big Grin

The words that responded to Lucia’s inquiries were simple. They showed her opinion, and they even showed some smarts too. Lucia nodded quietly, acknowledging the Aniwayan’s statement. The thought of smiling weakly came to mind, but she remained still. Her face was blank, almost cold, though it was not because of any dislike for her companion, but more just how she was. She rarely showed emotion anymore, it was one of those things that could be turned against her. Daisuke, whether he ruined her or not, had at least aided her in being a stronger, if not less considerate, personality. She didn’t let anyone in now, well, anyone but Snake that is. Shivering momentarily, the loss in her thoughts fading away, Lucia turned her attention back to Liliana, and parted her maw, speaking flatly.

“I see what you mean,”
she paused, eyeing the horse one more time. The creature made her uncomfortable. It reminded her of food, not a pet. She could feel the blood lust within her, the idea of hunting this horse – the thrill of chasing it, tearing out its throat. Oh, what a wonderful thought. But it was just that – a thought. She would not make it a reality; she would not kill this creature. She would be responsible, she would stay calm. “I have to say though… it would be amusing to see a horse, especially this one, stand on its hind legs and dance…”

That was the first time Lucia had any sense of humour in her system in a long time. She wasn’t known for her comedy value, nor did she display any aspects of laughter in her face. Though her words had been in good spirits, even her eyes didn’t sparkle. She remained statuesque, hollow. She was emotionless, and would remain as such until better days came along. “On a serious note,” she added, without little warning in her expression or the tone of her voice, “I can see why you would use them in battle. It would be a definite advantage.” She paused, eyeing the female in front of her, “Does the entire of Aniwaya have horses then? Is it like a battle thing?”

Having remembered Liliana’s excitement about plants, she gave a silent tilt of her head. A silent agreement to teach the female what was required to use plants for medical, and even sometimes personal, use. “I’m assuming that from the look on your face, you are unable to read?” Lucia meant no disrespect with the question, even if her monotone voice gave little insight to what she was actually thinking or feeling on the matter. It was simply a question, an inquiry on to whether Lucia could busy her time teaching this hybrid to read or not. If it stopped the nightmares, took her mind away from reality for a little while, she wouldn’t care. Even if this female was a different clan, even if she should be handling her emotions and sorting out the situation properly, she wouldn’t. She would teach her if she wanted, and that was final. Glancing over to Liliana, arms now folded over her chest, she spoke quietly, “Have you nobody to teach you? I mean, nobody in the pack, that is?” he paused, thinking to herself, trying to weigh up her next offer. “I can teach you if you like? Kill two birds with one stone…?”

Lucia’s kindness was shocking, though like most things, there was probably a hidden agenda to it. For now, though, it was buried well and truly under her skin and had no sign of appearing anytime soon. For now, Lucia was just a kind citizen, offering her good deeds to folk all over Nova Scotia. That would work just fine for her – she didn’t much care for the opinion of others, but this one, well… it served her perfectly. “Aniwaya sounds nice, but I have to ask… why do they have a cow? ...Where do they stand on violence, and such?” She paused; her eyes glanced over the horizon. There was a wind building up, maybe a passing storm. Lucia’s heart soared – there was nothing better than a good thunderstorm to wash the pain away. Still looking away, the ebony female continued to speak, not really bothered if her looking away caused offence to the female or not. “What is their opinion on Inferni?”

Sighing briefly, a mixture of normal breathing and deep thought, Lucia’s mind wandered back toward Daisuke. Why did he haunt her so? Why did he annoy her so much? Lucia rarely felt threatened, but she was sure he would steal her lover one day – and that, that would crush her more than having Daisuke straddle her and try to cut off her air supply. It would destroy her, and Daisuke would love it. Oh, how she hated that canine – how she wanted him dead. One day… one day she would succeed. Snarling quietly under her breath, the sound hitting her ears jogged Lucia back into reality. She hadn’t realized that she had wandered off again – it happened so often now, it was hard sometimes to tell reality from imagination. Looking over to Liliana and the horse, she caught the last part of the question. Clearing her throat, almost uncomfortably, she shifted her weight slightly and re-crossed her arms.

“Living with coyotes,” she purred, her tone still as empty as the fire in her malachite eyes, “…it’s different. They function similar to wolves,” she remembered back to the day she joined Inferni, the words Gabriel had spoken. Lucia was inferior to them, that was the downside. “I think the only bad side to being an ‘outsider’ is that I am literally that… I cannot climb their ranks, or anything like that… and I am the lowest of the low when it comes to rankings. I am inferior to them, in a way, I suppose. But I know,” she paused, thinking of Kaena and all the help she had given the ebony female, “I know that if I were in trouble they would help me. I am still a member of the clan, and I will still aid them in whatever they need to me. Like I said before, I do this for Snake, and Snake alone…”

<style type="text/css">
.l b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.l .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#808000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.l p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #5c7628}
.l {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/lt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread