Sandy tracks
[html]

WC: 1,146.
Apologies for the slight error in my last post. <3 My bad!

The expansion in her emotions had revealed comfort in the situation, and it appeared that Liliana had taken to it quite well. This, luckily, made Lucia feel quite glad. Some, in the past, had reacted differently when Lucia had opened up – and thus, she was always hesitant to do so. Lucia trusted very few, and she liked a lot less than that. However, Liliana seemed nice enough – if not a little naive, thus Lucia liked her. She hoped it would stay that way, but few ever did. Watching her companion quietly, waiting for some sort of response, the ebony female felt slightly taken back when she shook her head. Listening, no real emotion on her face for the time being, Lucia acknowledged her mistake, and smiled weakly.

“Oh, right.”
The response was plain. There wasn’t much else she could say on the subject really. It was clear that Liliana was not going to give away anymore than she had already, thus Lucia would stop digging. She would just enjoy the company and be done with it – she would aid Inferni another time, with another wolf. This one was just too nice to be led astray, and honestly, Lucia just couldn’t be bothered with it. She just wanted a friend. "Well what crops do you have there then? Must be nice to cook with them or something, surely?”

Her words trailed off, but Liliana quickly seemed to break the silence with more talk of Aniwaya. Smiling back at the female, Lucia wondered to herself if she had ever met all the members. She had met the highest ranking coyotes, and a few of the others, but had she met all of them? She didn’t even know how many members actually belonged to the Inferni clan – and, really, she didn’t really care. Maybe she would meet them all, maybe she wouldn’t. It had been a mixed response ever since her joining of Inferni anyway, so she doubted that would change now anyway. They would either like her, or hate her – mostly the latter. That was just how things were. It was Lucia’s bloodline that caused that, nothing else. It was sad really, the way hate could spur from who had what as parents... but that was how things were ran, and that was how things would seemingly stay for the long-term. Lucia would just keep her head down, do her duties, and go home to Snake at the end of the day.

“Fair enough,”
Lucia replied finally, not realising that silence had been between the two females for over a minute or so. Lucia had been so wrapped up in the thoughts of Inferni that it had taken a while to realise that the Aniwayan female had finished speaking. She hoped that Liliana hadn’t noticed – and with the lack of emotion currently residing on her facade, Lucia supposed she wouldn’t do. “I’m not sure if I have met all of Inferni to be honest...” She paused, eyes brushing over the horizon before returning back to Liliana. She never could keep eye-contact for too long. It made her feel uncomfortable. “I don’t think I have... but I wouldn’t know. Being a wolf, and all that... well, not all the members want to talk really. I can’t blame them though... It’s weird, I guess... Having a wolf in the clan and all that...”

Lucia wasn’t entirely sure why she had created excuses for the coyotes. She knew that most of the ones who refused to speak to her did it out of selfish pride. They didn’t want to be seen with a wolf, and thus, member or not, would avoid the ebony female like a plague. But, at the end of the day, they were still family in their own way, thus Lucia figured that must be the reason she had added an excuse for them. It was probably something else entirely, but her mind, tired of thinking so hard, could not be bothered to fish out any other reason for the time being.

Thankfully, the topic changed. Liliana acknowledged her tips for reading, and had thanked her. Lucia did not get thanked too often, thus she relished in the moment, and smiled to the female. “It’s no problem,” she paused, turning to her rucksack at her feet, and lent down. Shuffling through the myriad of things inside the pack, Lucia finally found what she was looking for. Standing back up, a book now in her hands, she extended her arm and offered it to the Aniwayan female. “Here... When you are ready to read it, it’s yours. I’ve finished it, so you can have it. I think you will find it very useful.”

Lucia wasn’t always known for her kindness. She was mostly described as socially inept, distant and, sometimes (but not often) very cruel and cold-hearted. Lucia was extremely strong minded, thus if something happened that she didn’t approve of, Lucia would let the ones involved know about it. It had gotten her into trouble many times in the past, thus she prayed that this gentle, peaceful female before her, would never do such a thing to cause Lucia to react in that way. It wasn’t a pretty sight, and more often than not, the opposing side came off a lot worse.

Shifting her thoughts away from such depressing thoughts, Lucia’s eyes raised as Liliana spoke of humans. It had been the first time she had heard someone speak of them since her travels outside of the Nova Scotia area. Nobody had mentioned such things since she had arrived here – and though Lucia had paid it little mind, it did spike her curiosity a little. Did they just not know anything? Or was there something deeper at the core of it all? She didn’t know, but Lucia smiled at the words of the female. It was nice to talk about something different, and she was grateful for the topic to be brought up.

“Humans,”
she replied quietly, watching her companion carefully, “...they aren’t all that bad. I’ve read some of their books. A fair few actually... They did have some surprisingly good ideas, like economically and such... Plus, some of the machinery they came up with – very impressive. The pictures I have seen amazed me... they were great thinkers... just a shame they aren’t around to teach us their tricks, I suppose.” She halted her words. She hadn’t meant to rant, but it had happened anyway. Lucia felt refreshed with this topic, it was nice to get her opinion out. She admired some aspects of the humans, but then again, she also followed Liliana’s suit. She also viewed them as power-hungry psychos. It was a multiple opinionated situation, she supposed – but she wouldn’t go into any more detail. There was no need. She had said everything she had to say on the matter, and simply fell silent again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread