all that remains
OOC - *GLOMPCLING!*

Cethin found it interesting that even at first meeting, this Dreyrugr was so open to him. Apparently he’d surmised correctly, he had a mate…or once did. Cethin could relate to that, at least partially. He was curious as to what had happened, and why Drey regretted it. One always had choices, but what one chose made all the difference in life, sometimes. Cethin, in his usual polite manner, chose not to probe, and wouldn’t have gotten to anyway as the large male launched into a new question and averted the former subject.

“Well, Dreyrugr…” he tasted the foreign name on his tongue, “…I’m Cethin Dwyer, and you could say my own misfortunes brought me here, much like yours brought you to this place.” He said softly, his eyes turning from the other male’s emerald gaze to once again take in the ghoulish scenery. Cethin wasn’t one to generally open up about his past, preferring to keep things to himself and carry his own burdens. As a former Alpha, he had to act the part, doing his best to dispel any sign of weakness...and as such, he tended to stay silent about things that were bothering him unless they were of import. But that responsibility was gone now, and while it was difficult to break old habits, he’d found his mouth ran more freely than he’d expected. “I lost my pack, and my mate, all within the span of a few months. So I simply went in search of a new place to call home, and more importantly, a new family to share it with.” His tail curled about his hindquarters as the cloud that secreted the moon finally passed on and allowed the light to fully shine once more. As it did, Cethin pondered on how much the burnt forest and the house that was fading into the ashes represented the two souls who sat here, crumbling from within. Perhaps their lives, like this place, could be rebuilt brick by brick.

Messages In This Thread