Create a Territory IV
Territory Name: Blockstone Quarry

Your Name/ Alias: Void

Territory size in square miles: Pretty small, I'd say. Maybe not even a mile square, it would have to be a sub-territory, I'd think.

Approximate location on the map: That unexplored space just to the north-west of Ames de le Mort, or just a sub-territory of Ames de le Mort.

Territory Description: The grey waste of Ames de le Mort stretches on and on, and ceases abruptly at the rim of the great Blockstone Quarry. The earth turns sharply downward for fifty feet and more before it reaches the hard rock floor, with powdered stone in the high places and the damp stain of recent water that runs in a channel down the middle where the rain accumulates and runs after each storm. No life grows in the quarry, and only the curious ever go down to explore. There are precious few safe routes down into the quarry; those that do exist manifest as blocky stone stairwells that twist and wind down the otherwise sheer rockface, treacherous to all but the most sure-footed canines.

Edit--> My bad on creating a subterritory so early. I guess it can be ignored if we don't want to consider subterritories yet?

Territory Name: The Sugerwoods

Your name/alias: I'm still Void.

Territory size in square miles: I'm trying to find the standard size for a maple farm, but I'm having difficulty. We could assume that it's maybe ten miles square?

Approximate location on map: Just south of the concrete jungle, so right outside of civilization.

Territory Description: Years and years ago, before the rise of the wolves, humans tapped nature's bounty in whatever ways they could. The Sugarwoods, as they called them, were a densely forested range of maple trees, whose sap could be tapped and drained into processing structures called sugar houses, where it was then boiled into the desirable product: maple syrup. The humans are gone, but the tools of their activity remain. The sugar house has long been empty of the humans that created and worked it in the days of old, but still it stands, waiting for the harvest of sweet sap to begin again.

--Note: I did some research for this one. People usually use plastic tubes to continually tap the trees for sap, but the trees heal the wound through a process called 'walling out'. I'm not sure if this would pop out the taps, or encase them in new growth over time. We could say it was an old-style maple farm and say they did things by hand instead of by plastic tube--

Messages In This Thread