Encounters
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry for the delay, I forgot to add this to my post log. =/ Vigi's just going to hang around in the background for the most part, like I said. Also, as a head's up, Nádherné doesn't live in the barn, but that's okay. ^^ I mentioned that he'd wandered there, so it's all good. I PPed Ever and Vigi getting to the stables, so Fae, you can have her explain when they get there and stuff? ^^ 300+ words.

That morning, when Ever had left the house, Nádherné had followed her. Vigilante was still cautious about letting Amarenth and Ever be gone for very long, especially with Ever's recent change. The caramel-colored King did not want anything to happen to her, and he did not mind that his stallion followed her to the stables to keep an eye on her. If something were to happen to her, he did not know how he would handle it. Certainly he would have difficulty forgiving himself, just as he would if something happened to Amaranth. It was a shame he had not been able to say the same for Kable, but the boy had always clung to his father and the pair had left long ago.

He knew this saddened Ayita, but he doubted Amaranth was trerribly affected, and Ever definitely wasn't. She had never met Kable. Vigilante wished he had been able to keep Kable close to his mother, but the entire familial situation had been strange to begin with because of the unexpected litter between Ayita and Leroy, never mates in the first place. With Vigilante stepping in, it had become even more odd. Everything had settled down, though, in the wake of Ayita's son's departure, and life had returned to normal for the small family of four. It wasn't very different without Kable, anyway, unfortunately. The boy had never lived with them and had very rarely visited his mother and sister, with or without Leroy.

His adopted daughter's frantic call reached his ears. Vigilante moved quickly, extinguishing the few candles that he'd lit (there were no actual lights in the wake of human extinction, and he did not want one of the candles to fall over and burn the place down) before exitting the house. He looked up, surprised to see Ever atop Nádherné, but he did not mind. He fluidly changed into his bulky secui form, standing in front of his horse. "Ever, what is wrong?" After she explained, he set off at a run towards the stables, Nádherné and Ever beside him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread