in the land of my father
[html]
So glad you like it! xD I lurv making tables <3 This one was made by Daisuke!

Element watched on as the dog's eyes narrowed into small slits; he was barely able to see her sights now. They revealed turmoils of emotion, but overall, another pang of hunger. He cocked his head as she seemed to think of something long and hard; finally, she uttered one word - 'why'.

Why? He saw as she prodded the squirrel skeleton with a single paw. "Why'd you be giv'n this to me? Don't ya' want it?" Well, of course Element had wanted it, but if he had walked by with a plump bit of prey while this pitiable creature sat starving, he wasn't a cat. He was a monster. Obviously he wanted it, but what was the harm in sharpening his skills and just catching another one? He was about to reply with these points in mind when the girl took a fresh jab at the feline;

"What kind of cat are ya'?" Element almost cracked a smile at this. What kind of cat was he? The canine's eyes showed the uncertainty that she felt, the confusion. She didn't know why he gave up his prey, probably didn't know why he could speak the same language she did. He felt slightly more comfortable now that he was sure she wouldn't attack; she was simply...confused.

"A cat kind of cat," he said simply. "To be more specific; a bobcat domestic cat hybrid." Element's mother had boasted of his ancestors being related to the big cats, and he felt that if he told this canine, it may explain the language. He went on. "As for why I gave you the prey...I couldn't sit and see you so hungry when I had prey myself. It wouldn't feel right." Indeed; for Element, although he could be cold and aloof at times, he didn't enjoy seeing creatures in pain - he never played with his prey before killing it, and always killed it instantly; and if he saw someone in danger and felt that he could do something well within his power to help, he felt obliged to do so.

Element looked at the canine more closely now. It was clear by the stout muzzle, slightly rounded ears and circular face that it was a wolf, not a coyote. The tones in her fur blended from a faded russet color to a rich gold, to white and slight patches of gray. She wore a red bandanna, decorated with swirly patterns that made Element's eyes swim. He looked to her eyes; although they were narrowed, he could see a gleam of deep red hidden in the depths.

<style type="text/css">
.elementbro b {font-weight:normal; color:#26c326; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementbroooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementbro p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementbro {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#755a31; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... tabbro.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread