in the land of my father
[html]

Yezam, I know. Tongue

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bindu listened genuinely this time as Element told her about the wolf packs that were around the area, one of his paws very active in pointing out direction and the like. The first pack, the one to the east, drew a subtle flinch from the cat's sleek black face, so she knew that he was telling no lies when he spoke of hostility. Its name was swiftly forgotten. Element continued to point out two other packs; one to the southwest and another to the southeast. Like the first, both pack names were easily lost somewhere between logic and self-preservation. Nevertheless, Bindu regarded them with as much attention as she could muster. The idea of staying with a pack was growing more appealing with every second.

The teen coughed quietly and looked to the ocean with an absent mind. Something inside nagged for some thinking, but in a flood of strange and new things, the sea was a steady comfort. Odd- that such a dangerous enemy could have such a calming effect, but Bindu had been traveling along the coasts for a month or two -or maybe three- now. She was accustomed to the water and fancied that she knew it well; that it was scary, cold, moved, and had fish in it.

Regardless, the ocean breathed life in the most remote places, like tidal pools, and even managed to keep a lonely wolfdog alive with said life. Every wind was like the attar of a mother or a friend. The gulls' constant chatter and the lapping of the waves on the shore consisted the most beautiful harmony. Bindu's crooked ear flicked sideways at a particularly shrill bird cry. Her dark red eyes studied the water with a sudden anxiety. She didn't worry about not being able to see the ocean, because in this land, unlike at home, water seemed to be everywhere at once. Most importantly, would she have to swim across it to get to help?

Bindu voiced her thoughts nervously, "Am I have to swim to get there?" Element had motioned that both safe packs were to the south, but at their current position the only southward body was salt water. The teen's questions were wasting time in getting to a better place, but in a small way she was glad to rest now and travel sometime else.

<style type="text/css">
.bindu b {font-weight:bold; color:#534F45; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bindu i {font-style:italic; color:#534F45;}
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu p {text-indent:15px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread