run before you have to walk -
[html]

Arda's foggy eyes brightened considerably at Dawali's reply. His tail rose a little and he flared his nostrils with just the smallest bit of pride. Someone as old as dirt, like Arda, was rarely welcomed so kindly, and never told that they might have a place in someone's family. His heart raced with excitement, or as much as it could in his state. It was nice. Was that warmth he felt in the pit of his stomach? Perhaps. He might belong somewhere soon, might have something to claim as his own before he died - a family. The word rang bitterly in his mind. It was not always a good thing. But perhaps now, he would not mind. And as he watched the chief pick up his stone, he could have blushed with pride. Stoneworking and weapons-making was one of the only things he was good at anymore. Most of the things he made he could hardly use himself.

"You are truly far too kind. Thank you very much, Chief Dawali. I hope that perhaps I can be of some use to your tribe, and that perhaps you will not regret letting an old furbag like myself join you." He coughed and his entire body rocked. He flicked in ear, agitated with himself. At Dawali's offer, he cringed momentarily. Pride was a powerful thing, even when it had no more place in such an old wolf's life. He did not quite wish for others to meet him as a weak, fragile thing but he would not be meeting anyone at all if he pushed himself much farther. As much as one might hate growing old and weak, there was nothing that could be done to stop the process. And Arda did not think he could walk another step. He breathed in deep and replied, attempting to keep what little dignity he might have left. "That would be very nice of you. I do suppose there are a few perks to being old, like being carried. Thank you for the generosity."

Oh, thank you. This'll be it then, I suppose. Ooh, I'm all excited now.

<style type="text/css">
.character-b01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#D9AE9E; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-b01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.character-b01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-b01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i37.tinypic.com/2sb7bpv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread