An Old Man's Quest: Part 1
[html]

Berries. There were berries in the woods just in the distance. Marcus decided that he would need to pick some on his way back so he could eat the next morning. But for the time, he would rest. He hadn't been walking lately, so his legs became quite tired quite quickly. Suddenly, the old traveller heard a voice calling to him. The voice sounded familiar. He had heard it's nuances many times before, especially on his visits to Rome. An Italian! Could this be the Savina Marino that Anu had told him of? No. Voice sounds male. He looked. Correct. Male, average sized. Adult. Approximately 4 years old. Scar, left shoulder. Healed. Estimated time of injury... One month prior. Cause of wound, quarrel. Fight. Skirmish. Too imprecise for weapon damage. Melee. Marcus adjusted his loupes, to zoom in on his target. Teeth. Bite. Not deep enough for terminal blood loss. Obviously... Subject waving. His eyes widened. Waving to me!

The old man sprung from his stone perch in a way that he hadn't in quite some time, and smiled at his accomplishment. He then re-focused on the waving Italian before him, and said, "Buon signore mattina. Parli italiano?" He caught himself. In Rome, he had always addressed people in their native tongue, but who was he to assume the same here? "I'm sorry. I heard your voice, you see." Grabbing his cane, Marcus began to walk towards the seemingly friendly, hopefully Italian man before him. His right ankle was still acting strangely. Perhaps he had hit it in the night? Who could be sure? The old man's only worry was that his slight limp may be taken as a sign of weakness. He liked the look of the man before him, and didn't feel like beginning a fight. He stopped half way to his target. "Assumption has gotten me in a lot of trouble, before. However, I do try to correct myself before I start wars I cannot finish." He started playing with a button on his waistcoat. A smile crossed his face. He had just reminded himself of his days in Athens. The king had sent a special request to the Congregatio for the assistance of 'The Musketeer'. The journey from Moscow was long and tedious, and so Marcus was more than willing to start the job when he arrived. After meeting the king in the royal chambers, Marcus was sent to find Achilla Descenna, who had been lost for several days. Assuming King Descenna meant the Queen of Athens, Marcus left the Parthenon, and began his search. Seconds before he dismounted the Acropolis, he ran into the Queen herself, returning from a stroll. A spry Marcus flew back to the royal chambers with the Queen in hand and---. Marcus violently snapped his head back to reality, and regarded the figure before him once more. He smiled, "But occasionally I stop too late"

500+

<style type="text/css">
.marcus-a04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.marcus-a04 i {color: #021F2B; }
.marcus-a04 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.marcus-a04 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:10px;}
.marcus-a04 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#5A5A5A; background-image:url(http://miserymagazine.webs.com/Marcus%20Table%2033.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: Big Caslon, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.marcus-a04 .separator{width:375px; border-bottom:.05px dotted #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto 50px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread