An Old Man's Quest: Part 1
[html]

I wonder how far this can go without Marcus formally introducing himself?

Good things? Anu had been much too vague about Savina to allow moral assumptions. Marcus had barely gotten her name. But that was enough. The old adventurer's mind would quickly piece together any blank pieces from Anu's description. Savina was an Alphess. One without an Alpha. Based on that, she must be a strong female, capable of wonderful, and terrible things. However, the landscape was untarnished, and the people seemed good-natured. This led Marcus to believe that yes, she had done well leading her pack.

He was reminded of his intent. To make contact with Savina Marino, and gain a tangible standing in Crimson Dreams. A quick glance to the sky. Midday. Maybe quarter past one. Without knowing the location of Haven Manor, Marcus could not make a correct estimate as to the time he had left to travel. Though through seeing the windmill, he figured a house must not be far off. He had the time. He could talk for a while.

Marcus sensed a tinge of curiosity about Ehno. A question was brewing in his mind. This was not surprising by any means. Marcus arrived out of nothing, and to Ehno, he thought, he must be as a sword is in a gunfight. Completely out of place. A smile crossed Marcus' face. He adored being right. Behind his smile, however, shot another shiver down his spine. It was expected that many would want to know why he had come, but Marcus did not expect the telling of his story to be so difficult. His eyelids fluttered, and he rubbed his palms together. An almost embarrassed chuckle breached his mouth as he said, "If only I could claim that as the truth. No, my reasons for being here are much less pleasing, and frankly, far less interesting." Quickly, in an attempt to avoid the topic completely, the old man put on a playfully inquisitive face, and took a shot in the dark: "But surely your perception can't be all wrong, yes? You look like the sort who's never been able to stay at home. One of my own, you see. Back in my time, I went on my fair share of expeditions. And the next bloke's share. And his mate's, too. Oh, the stories I could tell you. And I'm sure you have a few of your own. Am I far off?" The facade was complete. Without his playful guise, Marcus may well have collapsed on the ground, but for now, to the outside world, this seasoned veteran had a lifetime of memories to spin into legends.

I can't breath. Why can't I breath? It hurts to look...
Marcus shook his head slightly to the side, and continued to smile warmly.

500 On the dot.

<style type="text/css">
.marcus-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ADD8E6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.marcus-a02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.marcus-a02 p {text-indent:35px; padding:5px 10px; margin:5px;}
.marcus-a02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://miserymagazine.webs.com/Marcus%20Table%202.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: Chaparral Pro, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#85ADAD; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread