An Old Man's Quest: Part 1
[html]

Not a problem! I've been quite busy myself. I've also been shedding a few layers of Newbhood XD. So hooray for that!

Correct! Marcus was correct! His head flew back in a playful laugh. A long grizzled arm outstretched to his side, assuming Marcus into a stance which almost resembled that of a fond embrace. He slowly recoiled into his familiar old stance, cane between his legs, and regarded Ehno with a faint smile. He saw himself in the young adventurer's eyes. One who cast off the restrictions of their home, and thrust themselves into the great unknown. He hoped that this man had had a more fruitful past than himself. He hoped that Ehno's motivations for travelling across such a vast expanse as the Atlantic had been more gleeful than his own. But Marcus was no hypocrite, so he didn't bother asking.

More interesting to Marcus was Ehno's Post-Atlantic travels. Where had he been? What had he seen? Perhaps he had heard of 'The Musketeer'? A rush of guilt hit the back of Marcus' head. He had not come here to be a hero. He had not come here to gloat about his past. Coming here had been a punishment. A punishment for his misdeeds in the past. Misdeeds... thought Marcus. Never had he killed without reason. Never had he slandered without evidence. The guilt receded, and Marcus began to think. What harm could come from a punishment being enjoyed? Why was this old soul meant to suffer for what he had not done? He would share his stories. Perhaps even trade his stories with Ehno. Certainly, stories were meant to be told?

"Kindred spirits... Yes," chuckled Marcus. "Strange though, that we have not crossed paths before. I have travelled far and wide. East, West, North, South-- South is good. South has wonderful olives. Although, I did run into a rather large building near Madrid with what seemed like an infinite supply of bananas inside. I love bananas. Olives too. I'm not sure how the bananas got there though. They don't grow anywhere in Europe. You have to travel far East to get bananas. Place called Siam city. That, or you could go South. Too far South though. Easier to go East." Marcus stopped. Perhaps he shouldn't tell stories. Often, he would reach out on tangents. Still, he really did love bananas. The old man noticed that he was staring into space. He snapped himself back, and regarded Ehno once more. "Italy, you say? Lovely peaches in the Romagna." Marcus relished the flavours he once tasted back home. The avocados of Santander and Madrid (not to mention those lovely bananas). The apples and grapes from the Po Valley. The figs and olives of Athens... Suddenly, a thought crossed Marcus' mind: Why the sudden fixation with fruit? His eyes wandered off once more...

500. No + , No - , 500.

<style type="text/css">

.marcusgift01a b {font-weight:bold; color:#44403d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.marcusgift01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#44403d; text-align:left;}
.marcusgift01a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.marcusgift01a {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#d3cec9; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #44403d; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#44403d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.marcusgift01a-border1 {width:448px; border:1px solid #beaba5; margin:0 auto;}
.marcusgift01a-line1 {width:416px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8d8884; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread