An Old Man's Quest: Part 1
[html]

yay! XD wc:332

The Marino smiled as the old man went on to mention a number of foods and places across the continent. It brought him back to the adventurous days of his youth, where he was surrounded by so many new sights, sounds, and ideas. He remembered the feeling he had when he realized that there was a whole vast world ahead of him to explore. He had sampled his fair share of fruits when in Rome, though he did not hold such a love from them as this old man apparently did. Something about their sweetness, while nice for a refreshing change of pace, always seemed off to him. Perhaps it stemmed from the strictly feral way he had been raised, but he had always favored fresh meats as opposed to fresh fruits or vegetables. “I do remember the peaches. Good, but a bit too sweet for my own tastes,” he commented.

“I passed through Madrid myself, but I can’t say I recall any large building filled with bananas." He laughed. "I wasn’t in the city for terribly long, though. That’s probably why I missed it. Headed straight on through along a trade route to Santander.” He remembered the hustle and bustle of the big city, surrounded by a language and culture he had only just begun to take the time to learn. He had stopped there along a trade route heading west, curious to see the city. He lingered there for about a week before packing up and continuing north to his initial destination on the route. Even then, he found it hard to resist the pull of the sea. “I loved Santander. Spent quite some time there, on the docks. It’s where I picked up my seafaring skills, and a touch of Spanish.” Obviously this man had his own experience with such skills, having made it all the way across the ocean himself. Ehno wondered how far back that experience went, where it had stemmed and where it had taken him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread