my, how the years have flown
[html]

Sorry for the wait m'dear, life sucks.

Being a ghost, specter, whatever the heck he was, was different than living and yet it felt oddly the same. Here was a wolf that he had never really known and yet now was his chance. Unlike life, he wouldn't let another opportunity pass him by. "Life was not kind to me; and I returned the favor. In the end, I got my 'just desserts' as the humans once said. Karma." Did Omoi know of all the travesties that he had committed while bearing the rank of a Jaded Shadows member? Had she watched her daughter take emotional after emotional hit because of him? He hoped for her sake she hadn't, no one should have to watch that. Yet Mordulin had stood by her adoptive son, even when he didn't deserve it. Her mother would have been proud.

He nodded, an infantile kind of nod that made him think of his days listening to Mordulin as just a pup. Flashbacks it seems, like a cartoon that keeps running beyond its time should be confined to montage episodes and not sporadic such as his days had been lately. He'd hear something and think back and wonder how it all could have been different. She spoke of Mordulin keeping her word and Salvaged let a smile move over his lips, scars twitching in a hint of amusement that hadn't graced his features in quite sometime. "You raised her well Omoi, she never went back on her word. Even if sometimes it would have saved her some hurt." How do you tell your adoptive grandmother that most of her daughters problems could be traced back to you?

The question made Salvaged snort and he readjusted his posture and laid down. It was hard to define 'mother' when you knew nothing of your own, merely knew of the whispers that Berowick had told him. "She was everything and then some. No one stood by me like Mordulin did." It was true, Fatin came dead-second (oh the pun) but Mordulin had always been there and always loved him. He had to confess to someone and it seemed that the grandmother would understand. "I did horrible things Omoi, horrible things that still tarnish the lives of everyone back there. Yet your daughter still loved me, still called me her son. I don't regret them and I hope she doesn't regret loving me." Hanging his head he felt lighter but still heavy with grief -- not of his own death, not even those he killed. He felt horrible to burden Omoi with that horrible truth.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread