my, how the years have flown
[html]
woo! I was hoping that you'd find this thread <3

"I remember," she said softly, as the shade of her daughter's son approached. Indeed, he had only been a pup and his distinctive eyes were long gone, but she knew - being dead had its advantages. Similarly, even after all this time, her ghost-voice still held the accented lilt of its oriental origins, although Omoi had spoken English the entirety of her adult life. "The years were not kind to you, it would seem." The statement that was also a question, and bore the full scrutiny of her intense amber eyes.

She went closer to him, in the ambiguous movement of the dead. Or undead. Or whatever their spirits were, in that great wheel that turned and returned, life back upon itself again. "I told her to look after you, you know. At the end." She smiled a little sadly, wondering if she would have un-said those words, knowing how dearly they would end up costing her daughter, and knowing a breath later that she wouldn't have, couldn't have. Every pain was a lesson, and Mordulin's stubbornness meant hers must be more severe than most. "It heartens me to know that she did not go back on her word."

Jaded Shadows. She rolled the name around on her tongue, unspoken. So like her daughter, who was in ways so like herself. Jaded Shadows. A memory and a new beginning, neatly rolled into one. Omoi was oddly comforted to know that the pack she fostered was not yet entirely forgotten, though the real memories might be but shades themselves. "Was she a good mother to you?" As a mother herself, it was something she desperately needed to know.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread