adobe dust & weakened hearts
[html]

His golden eyes shined as he observed the stranger. Not only did she act kindly toward him, but she looked the part. Arda admired such youth, such a pretty, healthy face. He could have been this girl's father a few times over, he realized. Relieved that she had spoken so pleasantly, he moved back into his previous position, head lying sideways on the ground. His eyes remained focus at her muzzle, and he did not wish to look into her eyes. Such would not make for a good first impression, he decided.

"Of course you may sit, little one. Fresh air's good for anyone, I suppose. That's why I'm not in that town hall there."

He sighed pleasantly, breathing in deep to taste the air. He was naturally uncomfortable in the town hall. There had only been two buildings Arda had lived in before - the pueblos and an old farm he and Zeeta had raised the pups in. Both were distant memories - he remembered much more clearly the joys of being a free spirit, sleeping under the stars or in the pouring rain, never leaving the company of Nature. He waited for Lilianna to finish before speaking again.

"Ah, then you have much more experience with this tribe's culture than I. This place is very strange to me, I'll admit. From what I observed, it is most certainly not what I am used to. Hmm. A need to retire brought me here, but what brought you here, if I may be so curious?

"You may thirst for new stories, but all of mine are old. Old, and many are lost to me now. It is nice to meet you as well. Thank you for being so kind as to say hello."

He wondered briefly how ridiculous he must look to the young lady. If someone had looked upon him from a further distance and not seen the shaky rise of his chest, he could easily have been mistaken for dead in his position, legs and head spread out so. And then he wondered if he even gave the slightest care how he decided to rest. It was not worth it to worry over such a thing. Surely Arda still struggled to let go of his pride.

<style type="text/css">
.table-b01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#D9AE9E; letter-spacing:1px; }
.table-b01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.table-b01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.table-b01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i37.tinypic.com/2sb7bpv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread