adobe dust & weakened hearts
[html]

Arda's expression brightened up at the idea and his mind swam as he considered the possibilities. Though he was still too weak in his leg to shift, when he could, a horse would be perfect. But as he thought more, his excitement was quickly replaced by a deep sense of shame. He could not ask so much of AniWaya. He asked for too much here. A healing had been enough - a horse was far too much.

"Oh, no. I would hate to abuse all of the hospitality. I ask too much as it is. Me taking up space is already too much. And I have nothing currently to give in return."

He had owned a horse once, for all the time he had spent in Oregon. It had been so long ago now and he doubted that he would be nearly so confident now on a horse. If he fell off... He dreaded to think of being left somewhere, old and broken.

"Ah. That is the way it is, sometimes, I suppose. I was not very close to my parents. We had our problems."

He sighed softly. It was not untrue. While he had loved and cared for his parents once, he felt no such attachment any more.

<style type="text/css">
.redbath b {font-weight:bold; color:#CC3399; letter-spacing:1px; }
.redbath .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.redbath p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.redbath {margin:0 auto; width:291px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/aw2a9d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 346px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:11px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread