adobe dust & weakened hearts
[html]

Haha, yeah. We can end it. Arda's due for a nap anyways.

Arda sighed softly, and yawned before answering her. He thought about the trade, wondering when he might be able enough to make such a knife. It would be a nice job. Knives were more interesting to make than arrowheads, and he liked that he would actually have to put some thought into the project.

"Ah, well, I just hope the stones around here are good enough for my use. I'll find something good enough for you though, my friend." He stopped speaking to listen to her again, resting his head against the cool ground. She was an interesting wolf, surely. He had owned a horse once before, but he had never thought of devoting himself to such a thing. "Yes. And I thank you for your kind offer, again. You are far too nice, Liliana."

He sighed again, and he felt the need for rest grow stronger. He had said more to this she-wolf than he had to anyone since Zeeta had died. It was strange to exercise his voice in such away, and the wolf feared he had been too stiff or awkward all along. He was glad though that Liliana had kept him company. He was not used to such kindness.

"Don't say that about yourself. At your age, you can be good at anything. Your talent with the horses must be more of a gift, from what you've said. A most admirable one, I might add. It's old, smelly men like me who can't do anything. If my hands had wasted away like the rest of my body, I would be no more than a talking vegetable. Working stone and wood is almost all that I can do now." What a boring life he led, he thought, when the only things that interested him anymore were silly rocks.

<style type="text/css">
.oldgoat b {font-weight:bold; color:#4EE35F; letter-spacing:1px; }
.oldgoat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.oldgoat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.oldgoat {margin:0 auto; width:371px; background-color:#485446; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/2a6qkc7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread