the bluebird and i
[html]

He breathed in her words like inspiration, pride and excitement blossoming in his chest. A smile drew across his face once more and his ears perked to attention. His grandmother believed in him! It was final, then—he would be a great leader someday, following in the footsteps of his grandmother and parents. He was born to lead, of course, being the firstborn son of Clouded Tears' betas and the grandson of its alphess. Laruku was a little bigger than him, but he was still the first, wasn't he? Colibri had always called Maluki the eldest of the litter, after all, her "big boy" and all that—it was so embarrassing—but Laruku had never been around to protest when she did. No, his father was always taking Laruku places. If Maluki was the eldest, then why wasn't Acid treating him that way?

"I-I can be tough!" He built up his chest and raised his head high into the air. Yes, this would be how he addressed his underlings someday; tall, tough, big, strong. They would look up to him like a hero and guardian! "I'm bigger and tougher than everyone at home! Well, I mean, Laruku is a little bigger... um, but I'm still the eldest! Right, Grammy? Someday, Dad'll take me hunting instead and I'll get to tell Ruku what to do."

She bid him patience, however, and his inspiration blew away like a emptying balloon. His great, strong stance sank and tail froze mid-swing. He didn't want to wait! He could lead the pack just fine tomorrow, as far as he was concerned. "I can't enjoy what I got right now if nobody lets me do anything," he pouted, bottom lip unknowingly protruding. His steps became heavy and graceless in the midst of his disappointment. "Dad won't take me like he takes Ruku everywhere and mom's never home. All I ever get to do is sit around with Akeni. It's boring, Gramma. I wanna learn how to hunt and scout and be a real great hero."

<style type="text/css">
.malukigrass b {font-weight:bold; color:#EDE984; letter-spacing:1px;}
.malukigrassooctext {font-style:italic; color:#768727; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.malukigrass p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.malukigrass {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#B9CE57; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... aliant.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8da12f; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#768727; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread