An Old Man's Quest: Part 2
[html]

Uh oh, the leg has been brought up xD

Kind was not the word Marcus would have used to describe his gift to Savina. Words could not describe the emotion behind the small lump of faded white parchment inside the old man's satchel. He imagined it's mystery. He imagined the wondrous things which he himself would picture inside. Rings, rubies, gold, heirlooms-- all fantastic. All wrong. "Yes, I suppose," chuckled Marcus. "I do hope it is well received." The old man's head began to veer off to the right, lost in distress. "I'm sure you have nothing to worry about - Savina is a kind Alphess, and she'll be more than happy to have you, if I know her at all," said Ghita. These words lifted Marcus' heart from the slump it had begun to fall into. After all, who would know Savina better than her own sister? Perhaps her brother..? Marcus had never bothered to ask Ehno about the gift. But no matter. That was in the past.

"Your sister continues to present herself as a wonderful person. She should consider that a compliment, seeing as I have yet to make her acquaintance," said Marcus. "I suppose her appreciation will have to be had unconsciously." A spark of light hit the green of Marcus' left eye. He began to laugh. An old arm reached towards his left waistcoat pocket. As the tip of his index finger reached the dark burgundy bead that held closed the pocket, the entire arm froze, and retreated. The opposite hand patted the pocket, and a content chuckle sounded from within a worn old throat. Marcus did not need to know the time. He looked up at Ghita, and then down to her leg. A small wheel in the back of his mind began turning once more, and the fires of the old man's memory came blazing to life. "Your leg. It must have been overwhelming," started Marcus, as he drew his eyes up to meet with Ghita's. The pain, I mean." The grizzled seriousness of Marcus' face was only matched by the vividness of his sincerity. He threw his cane up, and caught it mid-air, grasping the midsection. "There's more to my using this cane than old age. He regarded his cane almost curiously, and then turned a straight face onto Ghita. A slight smile cracked the corner of his mouth. "Would you like to hear a story?"

300+

<style type="text/css">

.marcusgift01a b {font-weight:bold; color:#aaa299; letter-spacing:1px; }
.marcusgift01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#44403d; text-align:left;}
.marcusgift01a p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.marcusgift01a {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#d3cec9; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #44403d; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#44403d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.marcusgift01a-border1 {width:448px; border:1px solid #beaba5; margin:0 auto;}
.marcusgift01a-line1 {width:416px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8d8884; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread