An Old Man's Quest: Part 2
[html]

Ahaha of course she will! ... Has!:-P I have to get my mind back into this thread xD I've been updating the wiki, so my mind is... shall we say... elsewhere?

Marcus listened to Ghita's story with eagerness. He knew absolutely nothing of the lands he walked, and so, was delighted to hear even the most abysmal stories of it's past. And this was indeed a story from a darker time in the past of Crimson Dreams. Marcus' head swum with the images Ghita described. His overactive imagination created an entire scene and setting for Ghita's story. The old trees marking the flanks... A few rolling hills, green with Summer freshness... And Old Red, a tall, red barn. In Marcus' mind, a wonderfully aged white trim was added to the edges of the barn. The imaginary smell of hay and manure filled his nostrils, and a fantastically cool breeze swept back his hair. The scene had now been set, and Marcus was free to soak up more details from the story. First came names. Cambria, Savina's daughter... For a brief moment, a shiver ran down the old man's spine.

I can't breath. Why can't I breath? It hurts to look... Daddy... Daddy, save me...

Marcus' mind shifted back into reality. Mati, Anu's daughter. For some reason, Marcus found it hard to picture the offspring of Anu, and so instead, he pictured Anu, a few years younger. He pictured the children playing together. It brought him joy to see children play once more, even if they were only figments of the mind. He pictured them in his perfect scene. A blissful day had been had in Marcus' mind. But then, the sun clouded over, and the breeze turned to a spiteful wind. The decrepit foundation of Old Red cracked under it's own weight, and a terrible sound rang out in Marcus' imaginary ears. But now, what could this be? A team of imaginary wolves, coming to save the day, arrived in the scene, which was quickly becoming more and more frightful. Kansas was pictured as a tall, strong man with light brown fur, and Jazper was pictured as the only other Jasper Marcus knew: Jasper Camala. The Jasper Marcus knew was mid-sized, well built, and completely white. The only thing Ghita's Jazper remained without was the pink eyes, separating Camala as an albino.

As the story progressed, Marcus grew more and more enthralled in suspense. He knew very well what was going to happen. He had deduced it several minutes before. He simply wanted the reassurance of Ghita's word. And then he had it. His scalp drew back swiftly, and his expression remained still. The only part of him moving was his left ankle, pulsating with empathy. The epilogue of Ghita's story continued, leaving Marcus questioning this new information about 'Aniwaya', but he decided to leave that for another day.

The look on Ghita's face told Marcus a new story which he was unaccustomed to hearing. In Europe, when somebody was wounded, they were taken to a practitioner, and given treatment. After that, they would be given an alloted time to recover. During that period, they would be given a tremendous amount of respect for their pain. In Marcus' eyes, a female, who's leg had been crushed-- by a barn, at that --should be given an immense amount of respect for her suffering. To have lived through such a thing is a feat which should never go overlooked. The old man heard the end of the story, and eyed the afflicted leg with marked grief. "Yes, I imagine so. I'm surprised you didn't get worse. You're a very lucky woman," said Marcus. "As for that cane... I suspect you'll not be seeing the end of it's use for quite some time." His arm lifted slightly, bearing the cane, and pointing it to the horizon. He looked it over, and placed the midsection into his other hand. "I've been using this ever since my injury. I expect it's use to stop with my heart. But..." The old man stood up, and walked slowly, five paces. A smile crossed his face. "I've learned to manage. Quite well in fact. People never seem to expect the crippled old man to be able to topple them with a single blow." As he uttered the last syllable of his sentence, he tapped a nearby tree with his cane. His entire body remained perfectly still, save his eyes, which turned to meet Ghita's. "You're only as weak as you believe."

500+

<style type="text/css">

.marcusgift01a b {font-weight:bold; color:#aaa299; letter-spacing:1px; }
.marcusgift01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#44403d; text-align:left;}
.marcusgift01a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.marcusgift01a {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#d3cec9; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #44403d; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#44403d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.marcusgift01a-border1 {width:448px; border:1px solid #beaba5; margin:0 auto;}
.marcusgift01a-line1 {width:416px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8d8884; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread