An Old Man's Quest: Part 2
[html]

Bah, that's fine. I enjoy long posts :-P Sadly, I can't seem to write them myself xD I'm starting to wrap this up. If you want, Ghita could walk back to the ship and see Marcus off there. Or it could end around here.

Ghita was not ready for what Marcus had to teach her. She would need to heal a while longer before she could be strong enough to shoulder the exertion. The best thing for her, Marcus thought, was to spend time with her kin, and strengthen her mind. She obviously needed some time to get over the trauma that Old Red had caused.

Marcus felt as if Ghita's reasons for loathing Old Red were somewhat misplaced. Yes, this Cambi was endangered, but surely she too had grown stronger from the experience. Surely, she would now know not to place herself in such a situation again, and surely she now realized the extents to which her family would go to save her. Perhaps Marcus would bring this point up during Ghita's training. That seemed an appropriate time for such a thing. Marcus had been staring at his foot as Ghita had been talking. Occasionally he would render a glance in her direction, but for the most part, his foot was the primary topic of his attention. This was by no means a rude gesture-- he still listened carefully to each of her words. But his foot just seemed to be abnormal. A strand of hair out of place, perhaps. As Ghita finished, Marcus' podiatric fixation came to a close, and he regarded her once more. His voice was now that of a professor, and he was teaching. "I agree. You are ready to learn. Mentally. However I fear that you may need to rest for a while longer. You said it happened a few months back? Well, judging by your injury's current vanity, my guess is only one or two months back. Now, I'm no physician, but I've spent a lot of time in hospitals, and a lot more time with field medics. And with that experience, I can tell you..." It pained Marcus to have to say this. He knew it would discourage her, but it was true, and had to be said. "You're going to need to recover for just a little while longer." Marcus quickly led the briefing away from despair, and on to Ghita's preparation. "Now before you say anything, don't." A smile crossed his face. He loved saying that. "Just because you won't be bolstering your skill doesn't mean I don't want you strengthening your will. I want you to recover for another month. During that time, read." Marcus worried... Could she read at all? "Read books in English, Italian, anything. Do whatever you can to decrease your reaction time. Your best friend will be your reflexes." Marcus paused. He smiled once more. "And Ghita... Don't tell anybody about these lessons. Your second best friend is surprise." The old man took out his left watch, and checked the time. Five 'o clock. Time to return home. He was slightly disappointed that he had not made it to Haven Manor that day, but equally pleased to have met Ghita. He closed the watch, and placed it back in his pocket. He then placed his cane in between his legs, and transferred his weight.

500+

<style>
.marcus-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marcus-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marcus-a01 b {color:#2B5286; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.marcus-a01 {background-color:#D6E2EE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/marcus.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; border:1px solid #2B5286; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#374961; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.marcus-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto; }
.marcus-a01 .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #07121E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread