Cast away the clouds
300+[html]

Her tale was vague and she hadn't know where to start. She hadn't meant to tell it so bare boned, but it was difficult to talk around the lump that had formed in her throat as she tried to speak about what had happened. It threatened to splinter the voice that already spoke with uncertainty. She struggled to gather a death grip on the emotions she felt for the Russo. It wasn't as if she were emotionless, nor did she wish to be, but she was accustomed to having them under tight control. Something that always seemed to become frayed when it came to Anatoliy.

In Anann's mind there had been nothing that Toliy had said or done that had warranted his leaving, but at Heath's questioning she began to reconsider things. Even still she felt if had simply been embarrassed or nervous he would have returned to her by now. "Maybe. I don't know." She swallowed hard in an attempt to remove the lump in her throat. "Just before he left we were setting by the fire, had just put the fish on to cook." The details of the day were still clear in mind, even after all the weeks. "We were sharing a bottle of rum, we both had a few drinks from the bottle. He uh. Well he ran his hand up my arm and.." She was losing her nerve. She didn't talk about these things often or the feelings that went with them. Not with the men in her life, at least. Eyes focused on the ground. She wasn't sure why she worried but she didn't want so see his expression. "He cupped my cheek in his hand, told me I was very pretty and kissed me. Then he left...I..I tried to stop him.." Her voice fell and faded at the end. Talking about it made it all feel fresh all over again.

<style type="text/css">
.annansad b {font-weight:bold; color:#d0ba6d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.annansadooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11.5px; color:#636161; text-align:right;}
.annansad p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.annansad {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ansad2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636161; padding: 220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636161; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread