crash tactics
[html]

Although the skulls were intricate in their designs and utterly fascinating, the terror in which she had lived for several weeks had taken root in Marika's mind. The smallest sounds were enough to make her jump and though she loathed to admit it, she was far more wary of strangers now. So, despite her reverie, she was alert enough to hear someone else approaching. She remained perfectly still, her ears pricked and her body taut as a coil. She could flee, if necessary. She could run as far away as possible, because confrontation had never been her strong suit and she was afraid of being hurt again. Fear may be a cowardly thing to admit to, but right now that was all she had. No family, no protection, no way to fight. Standing up suddenly, she turned to the source of the noise and stopped dead in her tracks.

He was... tall. Dark. With strange markings. He frightened her, but not because he was overtly aggressive. He was a male and for now, Marika didn't know who to trust. But his paw seemed injured and months of caring for packmates left her feeling ambiguous about such things. She wanted to tend his wounds, but the smell around him warned her that he belonged to the coyotes and might not take kindly to her intrusion. "I did not mean to intrude." Her voice was soft and her tail tucked between her legs, a clear sign that she meant what she said.

"If you think I am a danger, then I vill leave. I vas just... resting." Her body was easy proof that she was tired, that she needed rest and that, truly, she posed no danger. Marika could only hope that her meek manner of being would be enough to save her this time.

table by kahilli
[/html]

Messages In This Thread