Music Makes Good Medicine
Didn't see this earlier, sorry!

[html]
The lands beckoned to her. They called to her in the night and although she slept by the sea, where the noise mostly drowned out her nightmares, there were times when Marika could not ignore it. There were times when she needed, needed to return to Cour des Miracles and wander its borders. She was slowly getting better, hiding in the underbrush and hoping she would not be spotted. How could she tell them all that she had returned? How would they take this second betrayal? Marika was disappointed in herself, but the brief flashes of pack life she could see in her escapades were enough to assuage the pain of leaving the first family she had known since leaving Europe.

Everything was so quiet, so unbroken. Nothing moved. Marika sat down on the edge of the border, looking in. It was as though there were a thin film between her and the life she had once known, as if she could just reach in and fall into a different world. But Marika was no longer she girl who had carelessly left Cour des Miracles so many weeks ago. Now she was colder, harder and keeping dark secrets. But sadly, she was so far into her own thoughts again, that she failed to notice the approach of a female wolf. The girl rose quickly and the coins in her bag - for she refused to wear them now - tinkled loudly. She hastened to quiet them down, but it did nothing. She was found. Only on closer inspection did she realise that it was Ruri. Marika had never exchanged words with the leader, but her presence and music at the pack celebration had wormed their way into her heart, making her feel like she was part of something big.

"Please don't be frightened," she called out, her voice hoarse with lack of use. "It's me, Marika." The sight of the slate leader was daunting. Would she call for Vigilante? It was then that her eyes strayed and she noticed the bump. Ruri was pregnant. Marika's heart skipped a beat and she hastily wiped away tears. "I von't harm you, or the pups," and her voice choked again at the mention of children. "Do you vant me to go?" She was trespassing. Why shouldn't Ruri push her away?

table by kahilli
[/html]

Messages In This Thread