Music Makes Good Medicine
I'm sorry for falling behind on this, I had some personal issues to handle. D: Did you get my PM? Big Grin

[html]
There was so much trust here. Why had she ever left the place? This was what a family should feel like, homely and close. A place of safety and freedom, where she could be happy and unafraid. It was a home, it was somewhere to hang her hat in the night (assuming she ever wore a hat) and to be happy and know that she was useful and needed. The fact was, she hardly knew Ruri. Marika felt embarrassed, how could she have lived in this place and ignored its people such? Sure, she was shy and slightly afraid, but Ruri had never exchanged any words with her, so to be as rude as this was not something she thoroughly enjoyed. Her soft voice only made her feel worse for leaving. If she'd only known that the Dauphine was having puppies... Her own loss was still fresh and ached in her mind, but Marika would not let that pain make her any ruder than she had been before.

"I left ze pack because I vas... lonely." It was the truth of it. The young female stood up and brushed her coat down before falling in step beside Ruri. Here, the bump was more visible and the pain in Marika's chest only more acute. Still, she wanted nothing but the best for the leader and she was happy that the world was turning and Life was being brought into it again. Sure, it minimised her own experience, but she knew, deep down, that it was inconsequential and she would eventually deal. This, though, was the silent, logical Marika, who didn't howl out in pain at night, when she dreamt of lost pups and sorrow. "I vould like to get to meet you, Ruri," she added softly. "Vhat has been happening here? I did not vant to leave so suddenly, but I vas afraid that it would vould make Grandpapa sad." It probably had. What did she think he was, senile? Rurik was a figure of legend for her and Marika had abandoned him. Twice now. "I am very happy about zhe puppies, you knov." She was, truly. But it didn't mean her voice was any less shaky when she thought or spoke the fateful word.

table by kahilli
[/html]

Messages In This Thread