Music Makes Good Medicine
[html]

I totally fail. School's been busy and my muse seems to be on an extended vacation. Sorry for the lateness

Marika's compliment of her singing made the Dauphine blush, her blind gaze turning away instinctively as she tried to regain her composure. Being a modest person, it was not like Ruri to expect compliments from others, and when they came she was never quite sure how to react. "Thank you Marika, I appreciate that," she replied, finally, her voice betraying her timidity. Once again she turned to face the Russo woman as they continued on their walk along the borders. The blind, collie wolfess could detect the emotional distress of the other woman. What could lead someone to such a state of being?

As they discussed the topic of Marika's grandfather, the sadness of leaving him so suddenly rang from the Russo's voice. She really loved Rurik, and she had obviously missed him. Though Ruri did not know Rurik herself, what she had heard of the man told her that he was devoted to his family as well. Marika asked her a question, and her voice begged for encouragement, which Ruri felt she could give with certainty. "I'm sure he would want to see you. I may not know Rurik very well, but I think I can safely say that he'd be very happy to know that you are alright," she answered, her lips painted with a sincere smile, hoping to ease at least one of Marika's fears. Ruri could understand the fear of being turned away that Marika harbored. It was natural to wonder if one's family would still accept them after one seemed to abandon them. Ruri had faith, though, that the family would be able to work things out if they tried.

It took a few moments for the Russo woman to formulate her answer to Ruri's question. Naturally the lautari took notice, but said nothing instead choosing to walk along and enjoy the brief silence. When Marika finally replied, she recounted her experience with the pack of gypsies and her evidentally extensive experience with the care of pups. That made sense, but why was Marika so sad when speaking about having pups? That answer came shortly after as the European woman explained what happened after she left. Half-folded ears drooped and her eyes, blind and useless though they were, showed both sadness and sympathy for the Russo woman. She had not needed to use specifics for Ruri to guess what had happened. A delicate hand moved from her belly to touch the shoulder of the nearby wolfess. Being blind, her hand was simply aimed in a general direction, for she had to guess where Marika's shoulder was. However, she found it and allowed her hand to rub Marika's shoulder encouragingly. "I'm sorry to hear that Marika...really I am. I can't imagine what that must have been like," she paused, her other hand absentmindedly rubbing her rounded abdomen. Ruri had no idea how she would handle losing her own pups. Oh how she prayed that that would not happen. "But you're safe now...and that's important too," she tried to give some sort of positive to the moment, but the lautari guessed that what was really needed her was simply time. Time would eventually numb the pain, though she doubted it would ever really go away fully. A thing like that never leaves one's memory.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread