An Old Man's Quest: Part 3
[html]

You and me both! 300+

England, yes she had heard of that place before. The man who had taught her English, Lorenzo, had spoken of that country. His family had been a prominent one at one of the trading ports of Italy and he had had a gift for language. Why he had retired to Monti Sabini was beyond her and part of her hoped that he had left. It might have been nice for him for a while, but she couldn't imagine the scholarly wolf being content there forever. "I have heard of England before, though not much. My English teacher told me some of it, but he had never been there himself." Even if Marcus was her first and only acquaintance from that corner of the world, it seemed to be a place of gentlemen and ladies. There was a King there, wasn't there? She thought she remembered that, but she couldn't say for sure. "Did you walk far?" she asked as she lead them to the chairs and couches. Clearly he hadn't been in the Manor before, so he had come some distance. From where exactly though she couldn't guess.

The Commander took her seat and Marcus paused again for a moment, asking where he could sit. "Wherever you would like," she said pleasantly. Savina was not a strict leader and preferred to keep a friendly relationship with her members. Crimson Dreams was more of a family than anything else and she had no desire to lord herself over anyone. That was not her way and it never would be. She lead when it was necessary, but she did not keep the pack afloat on her own. Everyone contributed. This was a team effort, not a monarchy. Of course the Marino woman was thankful and appreciative of Marcus' manners, but she wanted him to see who she was and how things were here. Very few things proceeded here with any measure of pomp and circumstance.

<style>
.savina-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.savina-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.savina-z91 b {color:#BF1E00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.savina-z91 {background-color:#260603; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... vigift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:202px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #BF1E00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#631A13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.savina-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread