I know you, I know you
[html]

"It’s a cemetery." Nayru did know what it was. Humanities’ strange ways were becoming more familiar to her, she embraced their ruins as her riches and made use of all they left behind. In the process she learned a lot about what their lives had been like, and daily she saw that the luperci were mimicking them in many of their mannerism. Perhaps it was the fate of higher intelligence, or perhaps the humans had paved a path and the luperci simply chose to walk down it. Either way Nayru knew that answer, and she looked around at the stones as she explained. "They bury their dead under stones and carve the names into them. So they don’t forget I guess." That they went to so much trouble not to forget their dead was both comforting and strange. And that the luperci had begun to do it as well seemed almost natural. Nayru thought that when she died she would want to be burned into ash and blown away, forgotten almost the moment she ceased to exist.

"Have you ever seen anyone die?" Anyone, not anything. Nayru could now deal with the slaying of prey creatures, having forced herself to kill once she found it rather easy after all. Yet it wasn’t really the same. There was a difference, after all, between canines and other species. Even if the cat had told her otherwise.

<style type="text/css">
.nayberry b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec1414; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayberry-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#ec1414; text-align:right; }
.nayberry p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.nayberry {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... /nayru.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread