falling upon deaf ears
[html]

All the more fun! Big Grin 5+Table by Lou!

Noting that the woman was able to smell wolf within her, the hybrid scrunched her nose in disgust. More than anything, she abhorred being compared to any wolf aspects. True, it was within her, but much more preferred to not reflect or acknowledge any part of it. She rolled her crimson eyes once more as the story was told about a gypsy luperci claiming to have the ability to read minds and move things with it. Yeah, sure, when felines can shift into luperci too. However, Ralla mentioned something that caught Talitha's interest: a form of future glancing. Ralla spoke with such confidence that it made Talitha raise a brow, as she indicated she was right about half of the time. The hybrid blew a snort from her nostrils. "Divine my future, huh? So what's in mine, all knowing wolf?" Talitha challenged, as she wanted to know what the possibilities were for her own. Ralla could have the choice to not tell Talitha based on pure fact of Talitha acting rather disrespectful to her, but then again, Talitha wanted proof of this, and deep down, wanted to know if her future was destined to be as big as a screw up like her past was.

Her buzzing threw her off for a minute, to which Talitha smirked. Falling down from her limb, she began to go into detail about the zodiac signs associated with the time of birth. Talitha wasn't savvy with reading the stars and correlating such to a zodiac, but always had the general gist of such. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Horoscopes, right? I was born in February. My sign is the water bearing one, something like that." She replied with a mild shrug. It was either the water bearing sign (to which she was positive it was), or it was Pisces, the fishes. Another thing she noticed was how focused Ralla became with the topic, as if it was a proclaimed passion of hers. Maybe she also had attention deficit disorder, for it seemed like her thoughts were fleeting on their own accord as well. This Ralla woman, she was interesting, as Talitha would come to find out later in the conversation. For now, the sheer aspect of Ralla related to wolves was her biggest annoyance and prejudice.

It was supposedly an honor to be part wolf, to which Talitha then set her guitar down beside her and crossed her arms. "Are you expecting me to believe that it's an honor to be part wolf when I hear wolves were assigned duties from the moon? That sounds absolutely ridiculous." Talitha said, shaking her head. Seriously, what was this woman on? If she was under the influence of anything, it sounded like one hell of a trip. Talitha was uneducated and unexposed to any ancient stories and lore there might have been, and considered all of that fairy tale and stories made up for fun. Despite how serious Ralla was about saying the honorary wolf part, Talitha still didn't believe it. "Where do you come up with these stories, anyhow? Is your pack, AniWaya, a lot like yourself as well? Readers of the future and tellers of tall-tales?" If AniWaya was a lot like her, then there would be more of the same ridiculousness, right?

Tempted by her whiskey, Talitha watched on with an amused gleam as Ralla was optimistic enough to take a swig. Chuckling and curling her lips into a smirk, she laughed as the woman choked on her first gulp. It seemed though as if she took an initial curiosity to the alcohol, studying it and its effects in silence. "Might taste like poison, but the effects you'll feel later on the more you drink are euphoric. Do you enjoy it?" She then proceeded to ask, highly amused by how Ralla was seemingly deep in contemplation of how she felt by the whiskey. Watching first timers was always an unforgettable moment.

<style type="text/css"> .tal b {font-weight:bold; color:#7fba84; letter-spacing:1px; } .tal .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#d9d6d8; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .tal p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #2b2b2d} .tal {margin:0 auto; width:472px; background-color:#88888a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... alitha.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread