Impulsive Exchange
[html]

Word Count :: 316 Ha! Just for her appearance, though. ;> Naniko was a white wolf. And awesome post, I enjoyed reading it. :O Also, hmm, this is where Harlowe is stumped, so perhaps Saluce could jump in...?

Were Harlowe to have discovered this pallid woman to be a bookworm in the same fashion as he, he might have never stopped talking to her. He would have wanted to keep talking about books and authors and themes and plots and words, the human ideas and ideals that did not make sense to him. As it was, he already thought she was pretty. This conscious thought had yet to emerge, though, and it would probably be weeks before Harlowe realized the strange awkwardness in the bottom of his chest while speaking to her to mean some sort of feeling, and more weeks before he deciphered the exact meaning of that feeling. Emotions were like language to him—as much as he loved the written word, the patterns of speech and how they linked to words would often escape him, moments of intense anxiety and pressure in group settings that rendered him utterly mute. No wonder everyone probably thought he was slow back home.

“You may call me Harlowe, if you'd like,” he murmured, distracted by deep thought over her inquiry. He did not know anything other than that Mother said it was possible. How to give Glaiven her other forms, or unlock them, or whatever it was that happened, exactly, Harlowe had no idea. His jade green eyes turned back to the woman, and he slowly lifted his narrow shoulders in a shrug. “I'm not sure. Mother didn't give me any more information other than the possibility itself,” he said, seeming apologetic. This was certainly disappointment rather than apology, however; Harlowe did not generally realize he had committed a social error worth an apology, let alone offer one for something entirely beyond his control. Instead, his own lack of knowledge had disappointed him, and he did not like that he could not answer her question, nor did he like admitting he did not have the answer.

<style>
.harlowe-tree-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-tree p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-tree b {color:#191F13; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-tree {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#B5C1A6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/harlowe/harlowe_tree.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 35px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414F31; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread