[html]

She didn't want to say what had happened, but it would probably come out soon anyway. Why not let Deuce in on the truth? "I made a mistake. I...don't think that Pilot will forgive me. I left Storm, and I'm looking for a place to stay. Permanently." That wouldn't leave anything to question. At least, not about her staying. She wanted to make it clear that she was requesting to join, not that she was looking to stay for a few days.

Lucifer arrived, and Dierdre took a few steps back. She had slowly began to trust Lucifer over the last few months, but he'd ruined it for himself a few weeks earlier. He'd come to Storm drunk and high, and had tried to get her to come back with him. Called her "Deuce". The first and only time she had been involved with Lucifer when he had been on drugs and something horrible had happened. Last week she hadn't wanted to have to fight him that day, but Pilot had shown up at the last minute to defend her.

She ignored Lucifer, focusing on her mother. She wasn't about to show respect to someone like him. Getting drunk or high whenever something didn't turn out your way? That wasn't the right way to go. And it certainly wasn't the right behavior for a "father" to be having. "I have some skills, like fishing and tracking. I'm a good tracker. In Storm I was the hunter, and I know how to use a bow and arrows."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread