The Blind Can See
[html]

OOC: This is Kemo's last post for this thread as well. The beginning has come to an end, now the rest can begin Big Grin

Kemo immediately noticed a change in her. The rabbit was dropped, forgotten for the moment as he listened to her heartbeat. At first it almost seemed like it stopped dead once, then sped up almost immediately afterward. He felt a piercing gaze, almost looking through him straight to his heart. Uh oh, what have I done? He went back over all the things he had said, hoping to find something he could apologize for, but nothing came to memory. He hadn't insulted her as far as he knew, hadn't insulted her pack either, so why did he feel like something was wrong? He was not prepared at all for what happened next.

"You need to leave now, Kemo..." His heart turned to ice, his jaw dropped, and his ears glued to the back of his head. What is the meaning of this? He now knew that his suspicions were correct, she was angry with him, or hurt, he had a hard time telling. "But..." He was cut off by her next words, deciding to listen to her rather than speak. He wanted to know so badly what he had done to cause her to change in such a way. That opportunity never came however as she began to back away, her paw steps heavy as if she didn't want to leave, but forced herself along.

"Ralla, please wait. I didn't mean...I'm.." But she was gone before he was able to finish his sentence. He sat there for what seemed like hours, unable to understand what had happened. What was it she had said? You ask too much Kemo.. What on earth was that supposed to mean? It was all he could do to keep from just sitting there for days, months even, to try and figure out what that could possibly mean, but he remembered something else she had said just moments before. She'll return at a later date...I suppose I will find the answer I am seeking at that time, then. I have a feeling she will keep to her word. In the meantime, I have some exploring to do. He couldn't help but feel a little sad at the way she had just left him like that, but he supposed he could never really understand what was going on in her mind at that moment.

He turned and was about to take the first steps toward the edge of the AniWaya territories, or at least begin his search for them, when his paw hit something soft and dead. The rabbit! How was he going to give this to the Chief now? He had no idea where the Chief's hut-den was and didn't know him by scent, so he was left to ponder this for a moment before deciding he would leave the rabbit at the first hut-den he could find. He gently placed it on the sun-warmed wood, turned, and headed toward the scent of the Great Fire, knowing he could follow that scent to the scent of Ralla's tree-hut-den, using that as a guide to travel toward the scent of the territory markers and the fading scent the two of them had left there on their way into the village. The forest was quiet, possibly mirroring his own thoughts as he took one last "look" back in the direction he had come from, then trotted off into the woods to places unknown.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]

Messages In This Thread