a new chapter [leader needed]
[html]

I wrote this really quickly. D:

“Yeah, I guess our borders are open to newcomers, as far as I know.” The sandy-furred wolf shrugged, and Timid lowered her ears slightly in unease. Of course, a girl as young as her wouldn’t know for sure, would she? She was barely grown up, and back where Timid came from, the youth had no authority. It might have been different here, but she found herself wishing that an alpha or whatever the leader was called had come to her.

Then again, an alpha would have been much scarier.

The small optime stood up a little straighter and asked her what skills she had. Immediately, Timid groped through her mind in an attempt to find something, and with growing horror she realized that there wasn’t much she could do. Her words stuttered, but they flowed with her stream of consciousness as she desperately tried to find something.

“I can… I can hunt small prey and everything, but I guess everyone can do that. I can—I can draw. I’m learning to play the flute, if I could find one. And I… I don’t know if any of that is useful.” The hybrid licked her dry lips and made a final offer, her voice growing more confident. “I can learn. I never give up when I’m told to do something. Maybe that will make up for a lack of what I can do. I should be able to prove that I’m a hard worker if nothing else.”

Her yellow-green eyes fixing on the slightly younger girl’s, Timid frowned and asked tentatively, “What’s your name, and who is the leader here?”

<style type="text/css">
.timid-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45607; letter-spacing:1px;}
.timid-a01 .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.timid-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:10px;}
.timid-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#d7a96e; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2vmj2jb.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 50px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#835e30; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread