you ate my voice like sugar-coated sour
[html]

300+

Rio could hear the ocean in the distance, a soft whispering of waves crashing against sand. She was transfixed by the beautiful noise, remembering it well from her exploration of the beach. It made her want to curl up with a blanket and the sun for warmth and be lulled to sleep by the haunting voice of the sea. While she cuddled Toki, her eyes traced the space of the porch and the quaint home to which it was attached. Haven and his mate must love it here, she thought. They had a beautiful human house and the sounds and smells of the ocean, each to enjoy at their leisure.

His response was hard for her to process. For several seconds, the broken fairy was stuck speechless. Her mind reeled, questioning whether accepting his request was be rude and obtrusive. She did not want to ruin this lovely place that he had made for himself and Princess. But he had seemed genuine in his offer. Perhaps he would never have asked her to live here if he did not want her to. Haven was a much stronger wolf than she, in more ways than one — he didn't seem the type to do favors unless he truly desired to.

With this in mind, Rio nodded slowly, still clinging to the calm mass of red fur. Again, she was struck by how kind her little-known brother was. He held no obligation to her, yet with his final words he had vowed to protect her. For this, she loved him. I won't bother you, she spoke, timidly returning his gaze. I'll do my share. I promise. Rio took a deep breath, trying to but an end to her incessant trembling. Toki's muzzle against her shoulder helped. Haven, I will never be able to thank you enough. There were tears awaiting exposure, but she held them at bay. She would make sense of her emotions later.

<style type="text/css">
.riofox b {font-weight:bold; color:#491909; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.riofox-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.riofox p {text-indent:8px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.riofox {margin:0 auto; width:405px; background-color:#6C763D; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... riofox.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3E3D43; padding: 10px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#57531F; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by erin

[/html]

Messages In This Thread