you ate my voice like sugar-coated sour
[html]

I'll ask Meghann to get your title changed when I talk to her next Big Grin 300+

The girl was silent for a while, cuddling her fox while she contemplated. Haven thought she was likely struggling with the idea of leaving the pack that had been her only home until now. It wasn't an easy decision to make, even after a traumatic event had occurred. The orange Knight knew that first hand. Of course he had endured nothing so horrible as his little sister just had, but it had been traumatic nonetheless. Even after finding out about what his father was, leaving Crimson Dreams hadn't been easy, but it had been what was right for him. Rio needed to leave Phoenix Valley behind too, he felt, but he couldn't force it. It had to be her decision, and no matter what he thought, he would respect her choice.

Haven waited patiently for his sister to talk again, and when she did he nearly smiled. After everything that had just happened to her, she was still worried about how this would effect him. "Don't you worry about being a bother or anything else, okay? All you need to do right now is heal, that's it. I'll take care of the rest." He had the authority to make her a member of Cour des Miracles, he didn't need to consult Ruri or Vigilante. Even if he did need to though, he knew that neither the Dauphine or King would turn Rio away, not after what had happened to her. Even if she hadn't just been assaulted in the worst way, being his sister would be enough. Her body still trembled, but the presence of the fox seemed to do much to help her. He was glad the creature was here.

"You won't ever have to thank me Rio. You're my sister." She was family, and it had always been his self proclaimed duty to protect his family. He didn't do this so people would owe him favors or anything of the like. He did it because it was right, and someone needed to do it. Someone needed to protect and help the people that had been wronged. That went double for the people he cared most about. For a moment he thought of putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder, but he didn't want to risk any unwanted contact that would take her back to what had happened. Instead, he mustered a small smile and asked, "Would you like to go in see your new home?"

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread