Handful of Clouds
[html]

Before this very moment, Ezra didn’t know that one’s heart could dissolve into a globular mess that burned through his windpipe, cutting off his oxygen supply. The longer the silence lingered, the worse off the boy felt. His eyes screamed, pleaded at Ever to say anything that wouldn’t leave the mutt hanging. She moved around, just as confused as Ezra was, writhing with indecision. Ezra finally looked away from Ever and stared at the ground, distraught enough to bore holes into the ground with his vision. He had never been so helpless before. His impromptu proposal ruined the good feeling between them, ruined whatever possibility they had for a future. At least, it seemed that way.

Ezra’s moment of hollowness was cut short by the familiar voice of the King, Vigilante. Ezra’s face changed from sorrowful to extremely alert with a quick head movement in the King’s direction. Listening to Vigilante talk, he realized that this could not have come at a better, or perhaps worse, time. As far as he understood it, Vigilante was Ever’s adopted father and therefore the one to talk to about this sort of thing. He also ruled the land, and Ezra was still low on the totem pole here. He never really added to the pack, he was more of a loner who did his own thing. Vigilante knew nothing of him, and had only interacted with him once when he joined the Court. What would he think? Was he nothing more than a social climber, trying to get in with the King? Ever held a significantly more important role within the court – Ezra knew nothing of Court practices, or any other members for that matter. Would Vigilante think Ever was settling and could do better? Did Vigilante care at all?

The awkwardness still lingered between the young lovers. Slightly embarrassed, Ezra threw on a fake smile and walked over to Vigilante, respectfully bowing his head and gluing his ears to the back of his head. “Good morning, Vigilante,” the mutt said quietly, with all the respect he could muster. Ezra really had no idea how to approach this situation. Shit. “We, uh,” he stopped again, giving a quick look back to Ever. “I just… I’ve fallen for Ever, you see,” He gave the King a small, weak smile. “And as it so happens, I want to be with her. I care about her immensely and I… I can’t stop thinking about her. I want her to take my name and be mine.” Ezra looked at the mossy ground, finally relaxing that everything that was swirling around in his mind was out.

<style type="text/css"> .ez b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5c299; letter-spacing:1px; } .ez .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:275px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ez p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #000000} .ez {margin:0 auto; width:375px; background-color:#a58262; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/ezra.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 50px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Table by Lucia! <3

Messages In This Thread