Indeed a fool of mine
[html]

He barked out a laugh, unable to control himself this time (but since when had he been good at controlling himself, anyway?). Scared? he repeated, I've never really thought about that. Hell, maybe, but I d'no what the fuck he'd be afraid of. The tattered hybrid pointed to the thick gash slashed down his right check and grinned his too-wide grin. Your brother gave me that, he said. I forget where I got 'im back, but I'd say we're pretty much even. The fights were blurry in his mind, but only because he didn't care enough to remember them. They were insignificant in the long run. Really, Ryoujoku had nothing against the dog-like male. It was just that the other didn't take kindly to being the subject to entertain him. But even that was entertaining.

The fog was receeding slowly, almost as if to show the lake off to the youth it was being presented to. The waters were much clearer than the sea, of course -- cleaner, free of salt, harsh waves, and foam. The snow turned into soggy (but strangely firm) dirt near the water's edge which seemed to get darker as it became submerged. There were grass and weeds drifting about as well, mostly dead now with the winter settling in. The white of the mists rolled further away so they could see almost to the center of the lake. A dim shadow hung beyond that, the island no one knew about, but those were mysterious that could be explored later.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread