O Captain! My Captain! Rise up and hear the bells!
[html]

OOC: Ok, let's kick this off again!
WC: 321

Time passed slowly as Bris stood before her beloved's door. The lump in her throat kept rising every time she swallowed it back down, and her stomach was doing flip-flops. It had to be her nerves, because although the woman knew by now that she was pregnant, she also knew it was far too soon to feel anything pertaining to it. She rang her hands together as she waited, chewing her lip in her characteristic habit indicative of either deep thought or anxiety.

It was probably a far shorter length of time than it felt before Conor finally answered Bris' knock. She could hear his footsteps approaching, and she very nearly had to audibly tell her feet to remain in place. She wanted to run from him, something Bris had never thought she'd ever feel in regards to the man she'd come to love. Yet here she was, frozen in place before his door, fighting herself to remain when all she wanted to do at the sound of Conor's approach was to run away and never show her face again.

It was silly, really. Bris may have ruined things between herself and the Dahlian alpha, but it didn't change her heart. She still loved the male, and she still loved Dahlia de Mai. She'd simply have to deal with raising her children alone and reforging the life she'd made for herself in Conor's pack. Bris hardly thought the male would ask her to leave the lands, no matter how awkward things had grown between them, but she would follow his wishes respectfully if that's what it turned out he wanted from her.

Bris swallowed the lump in her throat one last time as the footsteps stopped, steeling herself as the door finally opened, revealing the handsome yet troubled face of the one she loved. "Hey, Conor. I uh, I need to talk to you. Are you busy? It's sort of...important..."

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread