O Captain! My Captain! Rise up and hear the bells!
[html]

OOC: Ok, let's kick this off again!
WC: 568

He didn't turn her away, but Bris forced down the desperate feeling of hope that swelled in her heart at his answer. Of course, she couldn't help that plaintive little voice. Bris wanted things to go back to the way they'd been between her and Conor, but she'd already convinced herself that it would never happen. Gone were the days of ease and comfortable joy between them, replaced instead with the cold emptiness of knowing something had gone terribly wrong. Bris blamed herself regardless of what had truly happened, and her head was still trying to convince her heart that the damage she'd done was irreparable.

"Thanks." The white Stormbringer forced a wan smile as she took the male's invitation to enter. Her heart swelled as she walked toward the bed; the entire room held Conor's earthy scent, and she forced down a flashback to the loving day they'd spent on Dahlia's island. It had been a beautiful, perfect day, and they had filled it with the scents and sounds of their lovemaking, blurring the lines between them. It should have been a wonderful memory, but now the only feeling that accompanied the image was one of melancholy and longing.

Bris held her mask fairly well as she took a graceful seat on Conor's comfortable bed. She hooked one leg beneath her, mindful of jostling her abdomen now even though it was far too early to do any damage from everyday movement. Everything had changed in the day she'd shared with Conor, but even more had changed when the woman had realized what had come from it. She had no idea if anyone else had noticed how her mannerisms had changed, but Bris was innately aware herself that they had. Words flew through Bris' mind as she waited for Conor to sit with her. There were a thousand ways she could tell him what she needed to, but the Stormbringer knew that no matter how the words sounded, they would probably cut the male like a knife. It was painfully obvious that the alpha had come to regret their loving tryst; how on earth would it feel to learn that that tryst had resulted in a pregnancy?

Bris took a deep breath as she finally decided to just take a leap. Putting it off wouldn't make it any easier, and besides, she was a big girl. The shewolf just prayed she was strong enough to cope with whatever the revelation brought with it. Bris' mismatched gaze met Conor's of gentle lilac, and she fought with all her might to keep the tears she wanted to cry from falling. Her eyes grew glassy, but she was stubborn enough to keep the hot tears from falling. "Conor, I'm sorry. I never should have pushed you as far as I did. I knew you wanted to take things more slowly, and I stupidly just plowed headlong into everything. I realize now it was my mistake, and I'm so, so sorry. I know things will probably never be the same...I just wanted to ask for forgiveness." Her gaze had shifted with her apology. Bris had been unable to keep her eyes locked with Conor's and she'd dropped her eyes to her folded hands in her lap. "And I needed to tell you...Conor, I'm pregnant." She'd fought the tears successfully until now, but as she mouthed the confession, they finally fell.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread