O Captain! My Captain! Rise up and hear the bells!
[html]

OOC: =O
WC: 343

Time stood still briefly after the words had left her mouth. Bris was biting her lip, this time painfully hard. Maybe it was a physical response to her inner desire to make the words untrue, and maybe it was just her way of reminding herself that everything was real. Because yes, it was real: very, very real. To be honest, Bris wasn't even sure what kind of reaction she was supposed to expect from the father of her unborn children. Would he be angry? Sad? Crushed? Or would be as happy as the woman's heart longed for him to be?

Of course, that faint hope was far too much to expect. Bris' tears had begun to fall silently with her words, but Conor's single-worded reaction caused them to spill over without control. They were still silent in their falling, but she could no longer bar them behind the crumbling dam of her will. "If you...if you don't want to be involved, it's ok Conor. This whole thing is my fault anyway, and I can handle it on my own." As she spoke, Bris felt her stomach settle into a ball of iron, and she forced her breathing to slow, her stubbornness taking over as she brought her feelings under a semblance of control. Inwardly, she was absolutely falling apart. But outwardly, her tears began to slow, and her sorrow-filled eyes hardened with cold resolution.

"I know I ruined everything Conor, but you had to know. If you...want me to leave Dahlia...I will. I'll understand..." She was praying that he'd deny wanting her to leave, but she crushed that hope with a now-iron mental fist. Conor's reaction of shattered denial solidified all the woman's fears, and she would have to be strong. The childlike, hopeful part of her heart began to wall itself away, and she clenched her teeth as she dammed up the final flow of her tears and got a hold of her composure. Whatever the consequences of her erroneous actions with her beloved, she'd face them with dignity.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread