O Captain! My Captain! Rise up and hear the bells!
[html]

WC: 525

Despite the fist she held crushingly around her tiny little spark of hope, it burned still. She knew this because she felt it flare up as Conor started to speak in denial of her offer to leave Dahlia. For a moment, she felt a little of the weight on her shoulders lift. He didn't want her to leave? Maybe...maybe there really was still hope that they could make this right. Maybe he would still love her, maybe he would come to look at this unplanned development as a blessing, rather than the curse it now seemed to be.

Bris swallowed her heart down in earnest as the male came closer. Hope was starting to swell in her heart, yet it was quickly replaced by confusion as her beloved spoke. What was he getting at? "Remedies? Conor, what do you mean?" The Stormbringer wanted more than anything in the world to fix what had happened between her and the Dahlian alpha, but she narrowed her mismatched eyes as her confusion grew.

With his next words, Bris understood. She nearly gasped in disbelief, and her confusion suddenly turned to hurt and fury. He wanted to end it? He wanted to kill the pups she carried? Her eyes quickly sparking a fire of rage, Bris rose from the bed to confront her lover. "How dare you?? After all the orphans you've taken into Dahlia, after all the killing you've seen in your short life?! You want to destroy our unborn pups before they even have a chance at life? It's not their fault that we made a mistake! It's not their fault we made them! Just like it wasn't my fault my mother was raped! My brothers and I weren't wanted, we weren't planned. We were the result of one of the worst acts any wolf could ever do, and yet my mother refused to end her pregnancy like the rest of the pack wanted. I wouldn't be here today if she'd gone through with their wishes. And you know what? Sometimes I wish she had. But I will not make our children suffer for our sins. If you don't want to be a part of their lives, I understand that Conor. But I will NOT give them up we're afraid. I'm sorry, but I just can't do that. And I can't believe you'd even suggest it." It had been a long time since Bris had felt fury such as this, and her heated words were emphasized by her hard, fiery glare. The hurt and rage caused by Conor's idea, fueled by simple fear and regret, spiraled and twisted within the white woman. Her fists were clenched hard enough to draw tiny droplets of blood as her claws scraped her pads, but she felt nothing of it. Unable to form her feelings into more words, Bris felt her eyes spilling over again, her tears of anger and shame burning as they fell down her cheeks. Her heart breaking, the woman finally turned and walked out of the room, forcing herself not to look back, and stubbornly keeping her head up as she left her beloved behind her.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread