A Familiar Face
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter b {font-weight:bold; color:#724826; letter-spacing:1px; }.dawaligifter-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; text-align:left;}
.dawaligifter p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#2f1a15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #978b89; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter-border1 {width:438px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter-line1 {width:406px; border-bottom:1px dotted #724826; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

Can do! This will be my last post, then Smile

His ears perked when she mentioned the Aatu family name. He knew of them, but had never met any of them. Her description of this 'Achak' wast right in line with what he had heard about the family, though. In that sense, he was glad. There were other families who, too, could have had their members chosen for rank as Kalona, which he would not want to see at the reigns. Still, he worried. His own tribe here was perhaps a branch from the large tribe, and thus the new chief would be his own chief. Dawali's position as Kalona was then unvalid, especially since he had not been chosen the traditional way. It seemed as if the spirits did not object, but what was he to know? The Chief made a mental note to send a messenger as soon as possible, if only to assess the situation. "I've heard of their family, and only good things. The elders must be thrilled." Usually, the elders were happy with any Kalona as long as it was one that sought to limit their say in things. The Aatu family had an elder among them, and Dawali could not imagine the new Kalona being so disrespectful that he would do that to his own kin.

Dawali reacted promptly to her request. "Certainly, Sanuye," he said, glancing to Nayati. "I'm not sure if there are available huts just now, but I'm certain you can stay with one of us or someone else until one can be built for you." He swung his arm out to indicate in which direction the village could be found. "It is not that far from here." That is, if one defined 'not that far' as taking an hourlong trot.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread