a tale for the telling
[html]

ooc...
Both ponies are brown/black silver dapples, kinda like this.

Although Theodoric did not doubt his ability to survive the upcoming cold season, he was nevertheless glad to hear the pack was taking on new members. He could tentatively assume that the land was bountiful enough to feed an extra mouth and at peace enough to trust a new face. Theodoric felt his smile stretch from polite to genuine.

“Yes, of course,” he replied, pulled the cloak from his shoulders, and handed it to her for inspection. The cloak was of medium weight and dyed dark blue. Clearly, this was Theodoric’s traveling garment, and it had been much worn. But the point was that the fabric had held up well to the abuse, and other than being stained, retained its original tight, even weave. Giving her time to look it over, he explained, “I made the fabric for the cloak, although one of my brothers sewed it together,” he smiled a bit ruefully. Despite many efforts, Theodoric was not much of a tailor. “I can make thicker weaves for blankets, or lighter ones for summer gear.”

When she was finished looking at the cloak, Theodoric traded the garment for a smallish rectangular piece of fabric he had retrieved from a saddlebag while talking. “I can also do more artistic work, given the time.” He had handed Liliana a small tapestry that depicted a vibrant city street on market day. The work was small, scarcely more than twenty inches diagonally, but was remarkably detailed: Customers and shopkeepers had faces; the carts in the crowd were laden with apples, pots, or cheese. Until this point, Theodoric had been genuinely modest in his mannerisms and approach. This, however, was the only piece of his masterwork that he had kept, and with it, he was trying to impress her.

Other than a year spent fostered with cousins in the country, Theodoric had spent most of his life in crowded city walls. Despite this, he had a fondness for equines, although he himself wasn’t much of a rider. “Yes, the ponies are mine. The shorter, darker one is a stallion – I call him Duncan. The mare is Suthen.” The ponies were in their prime, and the pair of them had cost Theodoric a generous portion of coin. They were both a dapple color he fancied, common for ponies but rarer in taller breeds: dark coats, light manes, and spots to match the mane. Although thirteen hands tall (Suthen neared fourteen) neither were quite big enough for a large luperci to ride. They were both excellent pack animals though, sure-footed, strong, and only stubborn some of the time.

<style type="text/css">
.teagleowl b {font-weight:bold; color:#C7BA9A; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.teagleowl-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.teagleowl p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.teagleowl {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#4B4024; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... gleowl.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F1A14; padding: 10px 0px 340px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7E714D; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread