a tale for the telling
[html]

ooc... Thank you!

While still an apprentice, Theodoric had learned that showing one’s work to another was often a delicate thing. An untrained eye might not know what details they were looking for and become overwhelmed; while an overly enthusiastic observer might pick apart details the craftsman thought unimportant. There was another art in marketing wares, and Theodoric had little talent for it. Therefore, he was grateful and relieved when Liliana appeared pleased with the samples he’d provided. “Thank you,” he said, his words glowing slightly from her praise, “I take pride in my work.”

While Liliana inspected the ponies, Theodoric carefully stowed the small tapestry away and re-settled the stallion’s baggage. Satisfied the load lay properly, he gathered his own things. Although slightly protective of the ponies (a reflex from long months on the road), the weaver could see sense in sharing the duties of looking after them. He nodded his assent to the arrangement, with private promises to visit often with brushes and treats. “They can be a handful sometimes, in the way ponies often are. Duncan has a stubborn streak, but a soft spot for treats. Suthen doesn’t like to be tethered, but she’ll stand still if you ask.” If this young woman would be helping him take care of the ponies, it followed that she should know the quirks Theodoric had learned about them. “They are also trained to pull a small cart or carriage, but I’m not sure if they’re broken for riding. I never let my nieces try,” he confessed with a chagrined smile.

Theodoric gathered the lead ropes, and made to follow Liliana into the packlands. From her words and body language, he was welcome here, and he was eager to have a place to work again. He had done some work on a hand loom on the road, but the quality was not quite up to his usual standard. “You mentioned a Da-wali? Who is he, exactly?” Theodoric’s accent stumbled over the unfamiliar name. He would make an effort, though, to learn about the AniWaya community.

<style type="text/css">
.theocastles b {font-weight:bold; color:#7B866E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.theocastles-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.theocastles p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.theocastles {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#E1E9EB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oscots.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #80ADB3; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#79AAB1; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread